- This event has passed.
Mascoutah Fall Fest Chili Cook Off & Car Show
October 21, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
**** We are no longer accepting vendor applications, but last minute chili cooks need to register ASAP. ****
Saturday, October 21
10am – 4pm
Downtown Mascoutah, IL
Crafts, Vendors, Concessions, and Family Friendly.
Sponsored by the Mascoutah Chamber of Commerce.
Chili Cook-Off 11am-3:00pm
- 1st Place $1,000
- 2nd Place $250
- 3rd Place $150
- 4th & 5th Place $50 each
- People’s Choice $100
Would You Like To Participate As A Vendor? Read Below.
The Mascoutah Chamber of Commerce will host the annual Fall Fest, Chili Cook-off & Car Show on Saturday October 21, 2017 from 10am-4pm on Main Street in downtown Mascoutah. The chili cook-off will be from 11am-3:00pm. This event has steadily increased in participation and popularity. We are currently seeking participants for food/craft booths, art displays, educational booths, entertainment, and chili cook-off participants. This is a fundraising event to raise support for the Mascoutah Beautification Fund.
FOOD AND CRAFT VENDORS: The entry form and fees are due by Friday, September 22, 2017. Entry forms received later can be considered but desired locations may not be available.
- Vendors will have ~10 feet across in space and the cost is $20. It is configured for tables and small tents. Additional space must be reserved. If you vend from a trailer or truck, please let us know at the time of registration because space is limited. Larger vehicles are subject to additional rental fees.
- If using a tent, it must be secured for the safety of the visitors and vendors.
- Set up is in the middle of Main Street after 7:30am after streets are blocked. Streets are reopened at 5:00pm and your space must be vacated by that time.
- Please stop by the Visitors Center at 200 E Main on the day of the event for directions to your space or visit the website after Thursday October 19, 2017. We cannot guarantee you will have the same space as previously.
- Reservations are first come first serve basis.
- Commercial food booths are $50, have limited availability, and are subject to specific items being sold.
- Civic, Not-for-profit, church, and youth organizations need to contact the Chamber for additional information
- We have a few LuLaRoe Vendors already
CHILI COOK-OFF: The entry form and fees are due by October 7, 2017. Cost is $25.00.
Not abiding by the rules is grounds for disqualification.
- Chili can be prepared on or off site and must be ready to serve at 11:00am.
- You must provide your own tent, table, trash can, trash bags, etc. If you need electric, please make arrangements with a local business and make us aware of your arrangement. Cups, spoons, and a ballot box will be provided.
- Please make 10+ gallons of Chili per contestant.
- No condiments other than crackers are allowed. Chili must be served as prepared.
- Winners will be selected by judges for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th place as well as the People’s Choice award. 1st place winner gets $1000. Total cash prizes equal $1600.
- Votes will be counted at 3:30. Winners are announced at 4pm at Railway and Main St.
- NO distribution of beverages is allowed.
- Only persons who purchase chili tasting wrist bands are to sample chili and vote for People’s Choice.
- Around 12pm, a sample of your chili will be taken to the judges. Identity of the chili cook will be concealed.
- Check in at the Visitors Center after 8am the day of the event for your location and starting supplies. You will receive $25 in Mascoutah Bucks at that time as well.
We look forward to another successful event.
The Fall Festival Committee
Mascoutah Fall Fest Entry Form
Fall Fest Vendor Locations