- This event has passed.
2019 Fall Fest, Chili Cook-off & Car Show
October 19, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Mascoutah Chamber of Commerce will host the annual Fall Fest, Chili Cook-off & Car Show on Saturday October 19, 2019 from 10am-4pm on Main Street in downtown Mascoutah. The chili cook-off will be from 11am-3:00pm.
Vendor Location List
**** We are only accepting chili and soup cooks****
Would You Like To Participate As A Vendor? Read Below.
FOOD AND CRAFT VENDORS: The entry form and fees are due by Friday, October 4, 2019.
- Vendors will have ~10 feet across in space. It is configured for tables and small tents, which is NOT supplied. If additional space is needed, it must be noted on the entry form. If you vend from a trailer or truck, please let us know at the time of registration because space is limited and are subject to additional rental fees.
- All vendors are subject to specific items being sold.
- If using a tent, it must be secured well for the safety of the visitors and vendors.
- Main Street set-up can start after 7:30am when the streets are blocked. Streets are reopened at 5:00pm and your space must be cleaned and vacated by that time.
- Please stop by the Visitors Center at 200 E Main on the day of the event for directions to your space or visit the chamber website after October 14, 2019 for a booth number and map to your location. We cannot guarantee you will have the same space as in the past.
- Space is limited for craft vendors, so reservations are first come first serve basis.
- Sharing a booth is prohibited.
- We will only accept a certain number of the same type of vendor.
- We have the right to refuse any application.
- Baked goods vendors, handmade craft vendors, informational booths, and chamber member booths requiring street space are $25.00
- Food Vendors (Commercial and Non-Commercial) booths are $50, have very limited availability, and are subject to specific items being sold. Repeat food vendors get priority. No new food trucks.
- All other types of vendors including direct sales, multi-level marketing, etc are $50.00
- Civic, Not-for-profit, church, and youth organizations need to contact the Chamber for additional information
- It is the vendor’s responsibility to abide by any business laws as well as collect and remit any applicable taxes.
CHILI-SOUP COOK-OFF: The entry form and fees are due by Friday, October 11, 2019. Cost is $25.00. Not abiding by the rules is grounds for disqualification.
- Check in at the Visitors Center after 8am the day of the event to pick up $25.00 in Mascoutah Bucks, your starting supplies, and your location. You can also visit the chamber website after October 14, 2019 to view your location.
- Chili/soup must be ready to serve at 11:00am.
- Please make 12+ gallons per contestant. Chili/soup must be served as prepared.
- No condiments other than crackers are allowed. Any additional condiments need prior approval.
- You must provide your own tent, table, trash can, trash bags, etc. If you need electric, please make arrangements with a local business and make us aware of your arrangement at the time of sign up.
- Cups, spoons, gloves, and a ballot box will be provided.
- No distribution of beverages is allowed.
- Only persons who purchase chili/soup wrist bands are allowed to sample and vote for the People’s Choice.
- Around 12pm, a representative will collect a sample for the judges. Identity of the chili cook will be concealed.
- People’s Choice votes will be counted at 3:30.
- Chili winners will be chosen for the People’s Choice as well as the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place selected by the judges. Soup winners will be chosen for the People’s Choice as well as 1st place selected by the judges. Winners will be announced at 4pm at Railway and Main Street.
- Chili will be judged off of taste, color, consistency, aroma, and aftertaste. Soup will be judged off of aroma, appearance, taste, and consistency.
We look forward to another successful event.
Thank You, The Fall Festival Committee